Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2005 7.0.4.82 - Update Program - OK, but cannot load old databases

Act 2005 7.0.4.82 - Update Program - OK, but cannot load old databases

After some time, I have got the ACT 2005 program up to 7.4.82 on a stand-alone XP computer.

The databases are not loading up.

I am getting a message to "login to the database" by entering my user name & password. Which would be fine, but I have not used these. (I originally started with ACT 5 & upgraded to ACT 7)

Any clues how to get into the data?

PS:  I have already reset the SQL server password

Copper Contributor

Re: Act 2005 7.0.4.82 - Update Program - OK, but cannot load old databases

Hi,

You have to contact ACT tech support.

But there is no support for 2005, if you are going to update to 2009 and above, you will get support for db after you update your program to the new version, while opening it will ask for user name and password, so they can use password reset tool to reset the password.  

- Mani

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act 2005 7.0.4.82 - Update Program - OK, but cannot load old databases

Your post seems to indicate that you are able to open a new database, but not old databases.  If this is correct, the install of ACT! and SQL are ok, the issue is with the database(s).

Check Actdiag to see if databases are listed in Recovery or Suspect status.  To do this: click Windows Start button, select Run.  Enter 'act7diag' and press ENTER key.  Click Databases > Database List.  Check status of problem databases. 

If Status is 'Online', you will need to determine the correct user name to enter.  You may not have had a password, leave Password blank.  When the database(s) were created you would have entered your name - think about the format you may have used.  Use variations of firstname lastname, firstinitiallastname, etc...

If you are still unable to open the database(s), here is an article with further steps and information on contacting the Sage ACT! support team for a user name/password recovery: KB Article 14150

Greg Martin
Sage