Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 200 goes very slow

Act 200 goes very slow

Hi I have been using ACT 200 very happily for a number of years. Recently however when I change clients it takes for ever to load up the notes and documents.

I have three machines(one a laptop) and when in the  office and networked all is ok. But when I am at home the laptop is so slow loading the notesand quite often hangs, can anyone help???

Many thanks Paul T

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 200 goes very slow

If you haven't lately, do a compress and reindex on the database and see if that helps. You evidently have a very large number of notes and history for each contact and it must resolve those for each contact record as you go through the database. One thing you could do is purge the database of the older notes and history entries. The fact that you are having most of your problems on the laptop, you should check the swap file settings but I suspect that the real problem is that the laptop has a 4200 RPM hard drive.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 200 goes very slow

Did you mean ACT! 2000 or a later version?

If it was ACT! 2000, if you have anything filtered in the notes/history tab, it would take a long time to display as it actually read all the data for the contact, then filtered it.