Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 19 Pro v2 update 5- licensing error after updates

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Act 19 Pro v2 update 5- licensing error after updates

We did the update on our 4 pcs last week.  Before all was fine.  Now on start up we get a license message " you are not in compliance with Act! licensing terms.  The number of activeusers exceeds the number of licenses with this database" for 20 seconds then it opens and works fine.

When we hit the option in the error box to activate license it says license is active.  

Q: even though it is operating ok, how do we get rid of this 20 second error message that is new with update 5?

TIA

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Helpmeplease2
a month ago
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Act 19 Pro v2 update 5- licensing error after updates

You will need to contact Swiftpage and they will either issue you with a different licence key or update the one you have. basically the problem is due to the new licencing only using one key.

I've had the same issue and had to get a new licence key from Swiftpage for the total amount of users.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Super Contributor

In act! go to help -> About Act! and confirm that the serial number is OK and check that you have the correct number of licences.

Then if it shows the correct amount go into Tools -> Manage Users and make sure you have the same amount of active users as the licence shows. Disable any users that should not be active users.

the message "you are not in compliance with Act! licensing terms. The number of active users exceeds the number of licenses with this database" I would say us due to the number of active users in the list.

Bronze Elite Contributor

You may need to apply for new licence for the new registration wizard. It seems the new version of ACT carries a single user demo licence and it maybe that which is showing as registered.

If you click on Help and then About ACT is should show you what has been registered and how many licences it covers.

Bronze Contributor

If the number starts with a B - it is a trial license.  However, as was suggested it's more likely that the number of Active users in the DB is higher than what is allocated to your serial number.

The trial license is not limited to number of users btw.

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

So we have 4 pcs and own 4 licenses.

We bought them in a packet of 3 and then later just 1.

When I go in under help one pc says 1 license, and the other 3... well they show 3 licenses.   All show 4 users if I log in as admin there.

So.. this did not occur until update to 5 on 19.2

HELP!!!

It opens, gives an error about not enough licenses... then 10 seconds later it works... on all 4 machines.

Thanks

Did you ever get this resolved? We have a very similar issue. We originally bought 2, then later 1. They say they have merged the accounts but that doesn't seem to be the case on our end. Unfortunately, SwiftPage has been zero help in this and have broken software that we bought just 6 months ago.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Helpmeplease2
a month ago
Nickel Super Contributor

You will need to contact Swiftpage and they will either issue you with a different licence key or update the one you have. basically the problem is due to the new licencing only using one key.

I've had the same issue and had to get a new licence key from Swiftpage for the total amount of users.

I guess my problem is that I've contacted Swiftpage twice about this and they had given me a new key and said it was done, however, Act still says my license is only good for 2 and not for 3.
Nickel Super Contributor

Get on to them again and let them know that the licence should be for 3 users not 2, they should get it sorted for you.

Finally getting some resolution.. I basically had to share with them the great info here.
1. Their customer support at 877-716-6296 deactivated my license for 3 and 1, then reactivated what use to be for 3 users and made it for 4.
2. They emailed me a 3 part list of how to deleted ACTDATA and license txt files so I could re register act at start up.
3. I took the license key that is now for 4 users, uploaded and activated.
4. Restart and it finally works.
This after 5 calls to them, and the last person helped the very most!