Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 17! Pro--clearing/emptying a field in multiple contacts at once

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Act 17! Pro--clearing/emptying a field in multiple contacts at once

This used to be easy by clicking in the field and doing a Ctrl-F5, but now that starts the calendar.

What is the process for clearing/emptying the same field in a group of contacts all at once?  

For example, I used to use the "Company" field (since my contacts don't have Companies) and temporarily put the word "mail" in the field during the day until at the end of the day I print of mailing labels of everyone with "mail" in that field.  Then after printing off the labels, I would clear/empty the field so that I could repeat the process another way.  (Probably squirrelly methodology, but it is what I did).

Not sure how to do that now.  I read a Knowledge article about doing a lookup on the "mail" group and then just typing a space bar in there, or maybe a <<blank>>  (not sure if it meant the word "blank" or a spacebar), etc., which I didn't follow well.

Is there some easy way of doing this?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Employee

Re: Act 17! Pro--clearing/emptying a field in multiple contacts at once

If you're looking to clear data from ALL contacts from a particular field, the easiest option is to use the 'Edit' > 'Replace Field' function.

You can select the field you want to clear and replace the contents with nothing, this will remove all data from the field.

Make sure you bakup prior to manipulating fields to prevent any unintended data loss.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Employee

If you're looking to clear data from ALL contacts from a particular field, the easiest option is to use the 'Edit' > 'Replace Field' function.

You can select the field you want to clear and replace the contents with nothing, this will remove all data from the field.

Make sure you bakup prior to manipulating fields to prevent any unintended data loss.

That should work. Thanks!