Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 16 Restore As Schema Update Failed Database could not be accessed

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Act 16 Restore As Schema Update Failed Database could not be accessed

When Restoring (Restore As) from a backup, the database created will not open - Database could not be accessed.  A lengthy log file (last few lines pasted below) indicates Schema update failed...  Restoring from a backup from a previous computer (Vista I think - no longer accessible) to a local computer Windows 7 sp 1.  Tried some suggestions renaming .pad file etc.  Any help is appreciated - lost without the 1000s of contacts and information locked in my backup file...

Executing stored procedures, round two...2016-02-25 20:35:47.027
Rebuild sync table order 2016-02-25 20:35:47.027Rebuild table relation 2016-02-25 20:35:48.377
*********** Schema Update failed **************
*********** Exception message follows *********

TBL_SYSTABLEKEY_SYNC_TRI: Processing error occurred in Sync Trigger TBL_SYSTABLEKEY_SYNC_TRI, Table TBL_SYSTABLEKEY - No LUIDID value in CTL_SYNCTABLE.
The transaction ended in the trigger. The batch has been aborted.
Rebuild table keys for foreign keys2016-02-25 20:35:53.527

Schema Update failed.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author engelbre
‎03-04-2016 07:52 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Act 16 Restore As Schema Update Failed Database could not be accessed

Hi Jan, Repaired database sent back to you today, please check emails.

Repaired in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Added back recovered supplementary files.

Tested in Window V16 Premium, Downgraded tp Pro version, backed up.

Restored and tested backed up version.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Elite Contributor

First thing, is it possible to try this on another machine with SQL and ACT just in case SQL did not load correctly?

This looks very much like the SQL tables or at least one of them has corrupted. Is a copy of the original database avalible at all anywhere? It is possible to extract the SQL files from a backup but quite a complicated procedure.

Another machine is not very practical (I only have one windows machine); if it worked, any idea what I could do to resolve the issue on this machine?  Might the version/release of the software be the culprit?  (when I migrated from an old machine (vista) to the windows 7 machine that got stolen, I had multiple problems until I used the exact version/release I had used to backup the db. 

Where do ACT users find the most satisfaction with support?  It isn't very impressive compared to years ago...

Bronze Elite Contributor

How big is your backup?

Thank you for the attention...   16.4MB zipped file.  Additional details below if I've misunderstood:

File Name:TypeSmiley Frustratedize:Comments

Act! Contacts:zipped:16.4MB:Backed up file from old computer-windows vista Act Pro 16

Contacts:.ADF:95.16MB:Failed file from restore of backup file

Contacts:.ALF 15.29:Not sure what this file is...

Bronze Elite Contributor

Please look at mail on this site, have sent you a message.

Solution
Accepted by topic author engelbre
‎03-04-2016 07:52 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Jan, Repaired database sent back to you today, please check emails.

Repaired in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Added back recovered supplementary files.

Tested in Window V16 Premium, Downgraded tp Pro version, backed up.

Restored and tested backed up version.

Thank you for the expertise and help!  Couldn't have done it without you.  Great experience with this forum/community!  Keep it up!

RGN

I have a similar problem updating a V11 database to V18 pro.

Error trace is as follows:

Setting Database Auto_Shrink To OFF...----------------------------------------------------------------
Setting Previous Schema Values: 11.01.0178.0000 TO 18.0.466.0----------------------------------------------------------------
Pause dtSearch Indexing For This Database
Executing PRC_ACT_ACTIVE_DATABASE 2016-03-19 00:53:12.473DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed error messages, contact your system administrator.
DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed error messages, contact your system administrator.
Dropping indexes and constraints starting... 2016-03-19 00:53:12.493
*********** Schema Update failed **************
*********** Exception message follows *********

The Database ID 8, Page (1:524), slot 3 for LOB data type node does not exist. This is usually caused by transactions that can read uncommitted data on a data page. Run DBCC CHECKTABLE.
Could not drop constraint. See previous errors.

Schema Update failed.

Any ideas?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi

Was the database originally an earlier version ACT 2011? If so check that it was not running V11 under SQL 2005. Have seen this before although it was not supposed to happen.

If this was the case you would need to restore with Say ACT 2016 under SQL 2008 then backup up and restore with V18 under SQL 2014.

If the above is not the case it may be possible to recover from the backup file (Inside the zip file) using ACTDIAG but this is more complicated.

Link to actdiag instructions

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27607/~/how-to-use-the-new-administrative-and-repair-funct...