Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 13.1.1 recording email as history in ACT!

Act! 13.1.1 recording email as history in ACT!

I have gone through the tutorial on setting this to happen, but alas no synchronization happens.  Does anyone know if there is something outside of the tutorial that needs to be done to make this work?  I work for a very large company that puts a lot of controls on the the software we run, so maybe it is something that It has a restriction placed?

Thanks in advance,

Mi2Nc

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act! 13.1.1 recording email as history in ACT!

Mi2Nc,

Can you please elaborate on your issue? 

'Recording email' and 'synchronization are 2 different functions:

- record email as history occurs when sending and email.  Are your emails not recording?

- synchronization > are you referring to syncing ACT! calendar/contacts with Outlook?

If ACT! is integrated with Outlook, which version of Office do you have installed?

If integrated with Outlook: Do you see the ACT! add-in icons within the Outlook program?

What is the operating system of your computer?

Greg Martin
Sage

- record email as history occurs when sending and email.  Are your emails not recording? NO

- synchronization > are you referring to syncing ACT! calendar/contacts with Outlook? No this seems to be working fine

If ACT! is integrated with Outlook, which version of Office do you have installed? 2007

If integrated with Outlook: Do you see the ACT! add-in icons within the Outlook program? I do now.  I guess I assumed that Outlook and ACT would automatically record each email as a history entry.  Do I need to do the 'quick Attach'?

What is the operating system of your computer? xp

"- record email as history occurs when sending and email.  Are your emails not recording? NO, this is exactly the problem

Here is an article with the common causes of emails not recording: KB Article 19948

Greg Martin
Sage

The Act.outlook.sync.exe was not running.  That seems to have fixed the problem.  Will this now sync incoming messages as well as outgoing?  Also will it sync outgoing messages sent from outlook not initiated from within ACT?

[ Edited ]

Glad to hear it is now working.  By default, Outlook will not record incoming emails to the ACT! database; however, using an Outlook 'Rule' you can accomplish this task.  Here is an article with steps for creating the rule in Outlook: KB Article 23020

It will attempt to record any emails sent from within ACT! and from within Outlook.

Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Super Contributor

Be careful about setting up the rule to automatically attach inboind emails.  Tends to make Outlook crash...

M. Scott,

you mean more than my Outlook does now?

I'll give it a try and see how it goes.