Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 12 difference between company and contacts

Copper Contributor

Act 12 difference between company and contacts

I just upgraded act 5.5 to act 12 with Greytrix's mas90 link. Greytrix wants to link mas90 to Companys in act but all of our contacts are in contacts and not company. Can I copy the contacts to company. I can import mas90 info to company's but then I have dups in contacts and I will loose all history and notes. Why is there 2 listings in act company's and contacts?
Tuned Listener

Re: Act 12 difference between company and contacts

[ Edited ]

Let me just reply to your points for clarity sake about the working of our GUMU ACT! Link for Sage MAS90/200 ERP

Greytrix wants to link mas90 to Companys in act but all of our contacts are in contacts and not company.

<Greytrix> The ‘GUMU ACT! Link for Sage MAS 90/200’ has following mapping:

-  ACT! Company à MAS 90 Customer/Vendor
- ACT! Contact à MAS 90 Contact
As in Sage MAS system we create Customer/Vendor and then their Contacts, we followed these mapping. This way we can import ACT! Contacts to Sage MAS as MAS Contacts after importing ACT! Company as MAS Customer/Vendor which is otherwise not possible.

-  ACT! Company -> MAS 90 Customer/Vendor

- ACT! Contact -> MAS 90 Contact

As in Sage MAS system we create Customer/Vendor and then their Contacts, we followed the similar mapping. This way we can import ACT! Contacts to Sage MAS as MAS Contacts (After importing ACT! Company as MAS Customer/Vendor) which is otherwise not possible.

Can I copy the contacts to company.

<Greytrix> You can’t map MAS Contacts to ACT! Company.

I can import mas90 info to company's but then I have dups in contacts and I will loose all history and notes. Why is there 2 listings in act company's and contacts?

<Greytrix>  Yes, direct importing MAS Customer/Vendor with MAS Contacts will create duplicate entries in ACT!. You will have to follow the below 3 steps to get what you need 

1.Import MAS Customer/Vendor (of those MAS Contacts you want to link).. This will create ACT! Companies. [Make sure you uncheck the MAS Contact while importing MAS Customer/Vendor] 

2. Go to individual ACT! Company and add required ACT! Contact to it using Contacts -> Add/Remove Contacts in ACT! Company Detail View.

3. Now you can link this ACT! Contact with MAS Contact using GUMU Link using the Link synchronize feature.

Please feel free to contact us offline on sage@greytrix.com.

Sincerely,

Dinesh

Copper Contributor

Re: Act 12 difference between company and contacts

I think  I got it we upgraded from 3.71 with the original act link so we have a mirror image in act and in mas to start with. What I did was import mas customers to act that brought over all the customers to act as companies. Then in the existing act contact with the notes and history I linked them to the imported company. I guess I need to do each one manually but then the MAS info appears on the customer screen in act