Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 12 Pro: What does "synchronize contacts with Outlook" allow one to do?

Act 12 Pro: What does "synchronize contacts with Outlook" allow one to do?

Does it just casue ACt (with 8,000 contacts) to run slower?

Will it allow me to find email addresses in Outlook and invite them into Facebook when Facebook asks if I want to use Outlook contacts?

Where do I find the synchronized with Ouytlook email addresses? (If there are any)

What does "synchronize contacts with Outlook" mean?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 12 Pro: What does "synchronize contacts with Outlook" allow one to do?

Hello Dwayne,
This feature essentially sync your Outlook contacts (only the ones in the default Contacts folder) with your ACT! contacts. Depending on how you configure the setup preferences, it will bring your Outlook contacts over to ACT! and vice-versa. To answer your questions:

Does it just cause ACT! (with 8,000 contacts) to run slower?
This should not be an issue

Will it allow me to find email addresses in Outlook and invite them into Facebook when Facebook asks if I want to use Outlook contacts?
Once ACT! syncs the contacts to Outlook, any app that can access your Outlook contacts should work in that respect

Where do I find the synchronized with Ouytlook email addresses? (If there are any)
The Email address field in Outlook will sync with the Email address field in ACT!

What does "synchronize contacts with Outlook" mean?
Sync by it's nature is a two-way add/delete/update process - it's means a when you add a contact to Outlook or ACT!, it get's added to both. Same applies with updating a contact that exists in both programs.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.