Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 12 Message on every startup: For added functionality, fill out windows phone information dialog

Act! 12 Message on every startup: For added functionality, fill out windows phone information dialog

I have Act! 2010 (12.1.181.0 Hot Fix 1). I am running Windows 7 Pro SP1 with no MODEM. within the last week, Act! has started every time with a window: "For added functionality, fill out windows phone information dialog" that leads to the dialer dialog. The infomration in the Windows dialer is correct (even though there is no MODEM). The dialer information is grayed out in Act! Preferences Communications and is not checked. I do not know why this started or how to stop it. I can only suspect that a Windows Update is the culprit, but I cannot know that is the case. I have seen a similar complaint on this forum for Act! 10 (WInXP) and Act! 14 (Win8) but nothing for Act! 12 (Win7). I am open to any and all suggestions.

Thank you,

/s/ Alan Auerbach

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act! 12 Message on every startup: For added functionality, fill out windows phone information dialog

Hello Alan,
I have not seen this with Windows 7, only Windows 8, but it's possible that an update may be the culprit. See if the registry keys mentioned by the solution from user "Nomphra" in his post on 1/24 exist and if so, implement the solution:
http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT/ACT-2012-amp-Windows-8-phone-dialog-prompt-everytime-I-run/m-p/...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Act! 12 Message on every startup: For added functionality, fill out windows phone information dialog

Dear Greig,

Thank you for the advice. I will check that out in a few minutes and let you know the results.

/s/ Alan

Dear Greig,

I followed the instructions but /region does not exist in the key and so nothing happened.

/s/ Alan

Try opening ACT! by right-clicking on the ACT! icon and selecting Run As Administrator.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Dear Greig,

I tried that. No change; I received the same message and dialog.

/s/ Alan

Does the Windows phone dialog come up after the message? If so, make sure you have a location in there with the correct area code. If you already do, then click New and create new one (it can be same area code and you can just call it "Home"), then save it. The close and reopen ACT!. To open the Windows phone dialog manually click your Windows start button, then type "phone" in the Search box.

Greig Hollister

Dear Greig,

Yes, the dialog comes up after acknowledging the message. I did exactly as you suggested and now have two locations, My Location and Home. The behavior is unchanged.

/s/ Alan

Copper Contributor

Using Act! 19.2 and Windows 10.

Had a big windows update yesterday and since then have had message on every ACT! startup: For added functionality, fill out windows phone information dialog.

Cannot see a solution on this thread or the other it directs you to (registeries recommended to change do not exist).

Can you please suggest a fix.