Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 11/Outlook 2003 Email Issues

Act 11/Outlook 2003 Email Issues

I am currently using Act 2009 version 11 and Outlook 2003 is integrated.  I just recently upgraded to v 11 but have been a long time user of Act and Outlook.  I was excited about the Outlook integration with Act for many reasons!  So I installed the new ACT version and set it up per the KB instructions. Everything works great!  Except my e-mail, I do not get all the functionality I used to get, before I upgraded.  For example, when I start a new e-mail in Outlook I cannot use my mouse to highlight a word.  I have to use all the keys on my keyboard.  The only thing I can do with my mouse is click the icons at the top of the page.  The mouse does not work in my e-mail.

Can someone help me with this, it is very frustrating!

Regards,

Sara

Bronze Contributor

Re: Act 11/Outlook 2003 Email Issues

Sara,

The first thing I would try is to do a detect and repair in Outlook and see following a reboot if this helps. If this does not help then you might check for updates from the Microsoft website for Office

I use both Outlook 2003 and on another machine  Office 2007 and I am not seeing this particular problem.

Failing this it may be that you need to do a manual remove and reinstall as it sounds like some of the registry keys might be damaged.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.