Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 11.0 calendar functions

Act 11.0 calendar functions

Every 3 or 4 days my calendar choices disappear and the only solution is to run Actdiag, delete preferences, go to Windows Explorer and delete the preferences, re-start Act and setup preferences all over again.  After the first 3 or 4 times, I decided to keep a log of all my re-starts - 12 times since 9/13/08.  While I can generally get everything done in a few minutes, this is getting very frustrating.  Anybody have any solutions they'd like to suggest?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 11.0 calendar functions

Do you have your video driver set to large fonts?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Yes.

The large fonts setting often causes periodic loss of preferences.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I switched back to 96 dpi but it really strains my eyes.  Are you saying the problem doesn't exist at 96 dpi?  Any guess why the larger font size would challenge the programs ability to retain established preferences?

You should not lose preferences using normal fonts. Large fonts distorts the screen image. It's done by the video board and the video driver. The video gets involved in many of the operations in Windows and I have seen problems caused by the large fonts setting clear back to Windows 95. The problem is made worse by the LCD monitors because they are built for a specific resolution. With an analog monitor you could switch to a lower overall resolution rather than use the large fonts setting.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

OK, but why is it about ACT that creates the issue?  No other program on my computer conflicts with my choice in font size.  I only experience the problem in ACT.  My choice in font size seems to be controllable by every other program.  BTW - thanks for answering my posts.

Most likely because none of your other programs use the screen in quite the same way. For example Word and Excel simply provide a blank open space so the actual rendering of the fonts does not become and issue. However, the ACT! layout provides a templates of objects where the data is placed but ACT! does not control the rendering of the screen fonts. That is under the control of Windows and the video board and ACT! has no control over the exact size of the screen font rendered by the video board. 
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129