Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 11.0 Act has encountered an error, please shut down the application

Act 11.0 Act has encountered an error, please shut down the application

I'm running Act 11.0, and I keep getting this error message "Act 11.0 Act has encountered an error, please shut down the application".  I can still use the program, but everytime I go to another field it brings up the error message.  I just recently installed RegCure an optimization software and Paratologic spyware software.  I never had this message until I installed those programs.  Could this have anything to do with the problem?

Please HELP ME!!!

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Act 11.0 Act has encountered an error, please shut down the application

coolcitycustoms,

You may have just hosed your system by using RegCure.  These types of programs remove key regsistry entries that appear useless but in fact are vital to Act! for correct functioning.  I did the same thing using CCleaner.  For me, I was no longer able to import to a database.  Anyway, you can try removing Act! completely using the Act! Uninstaller and then reinstalling.  If that does not work, then your Windows is probably corrputed and it will need to be reinstalled.

You can get the uninstaller here: Answer ID 19338.  The uninstaller program is at the bottom the page.

As a tip, you should NEVER mess with the Windows Registry unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing.

MrWright

Champion Listener

Re: Act 11.0 Act has encountered an error, please shut down the application

This is very good advice.  Registry cleaners have their place, but use with great caution.  I too used RegCure for a while.  After it ran each time I had to reinstall Maximizer CRM.  It removed several valid entries for that program.

Dan P. Beckner