Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 10 on Windows 7 Calendar issue

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Act 10 on Windows 7 Calendar issue

Calendar always opens up in wide mode and each time the calendar year gets further out.  To see TODAYs calendar, I have to arrow back for years to get to it.

When I click the TODAY button, nothing happens.  Plus, the agenda for the day does not appear but the separating lines do.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author amorgan64
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 10 on Windows 7 Calendar issue

OK. The calendar view issue withWindows 7 was addressed in Service Pack 1, but you may need to rebuild your preferences file first. Follow these steps:

- Close ACT! and all MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Open My Computer/Windows Explorer and browse to one of the following directories, depending on your operating system:
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\(your user name)\Application Data\ACT
Windows Vista: C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\ACT
- Delete any folders named "Act for Windows(version#)"...there may be more than one
- Ensure that you have set your DPI to 96 per the instructions near the bottom of KB article 21042
- Reboot your computer
- Open ACT! and test

Please note that this action will remove all custom preference settings in ACT!. When you open the program, you will be taken through the setup wizard again. In addition, you will need to re-do any custom settings under the Tools/Preferences option.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hello amorgan64,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. Just to clarify, are you using ACT! 2010 (version 12) or ACT! 2008 (version 10)?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1
Solution
Accepted by topic author amorgan64
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

OK. The calendar view issue withWindows 7 was addressed in Service Pack 1, but you may need to rebuild your preferences file first. Follow these steps:

- Close ACT! and all MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Open My Computer/Windows Explorer and browse to one of the following directories, depending on your operating system:
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\(your user name)\Application Data\ACT
Windows Vista: C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\ACT
- Delete any folders named "Act for Windows(version#)"...there may be more than one
- Ensure that you have set your DPI to 96 per the instructions near the bottom of KB article 21042
- Reboot your computer
- Open ACT! and test

Please note that this action will remove all custom preference settings in ACT!. When you open the program, you will be taken through the setup wizard again. In addition, you will need to re-do any custom settings under the Tools/Preferences option.

Greig Hollister

isn't that where my databases are stored?  won't that delete all my data?

Once I followed the rules, AND I clicked to make the APPData viewable, this worked great, thanks!