Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply

Act! 10/Outlook 2003 connection problem Object Reference not set to an instance of an object

Copper Contributor
Posts: 202
Country: USA

Act! 10/Outlook 2003 connection problem Object Reference not set to an instance of an object

Using Act 10 latest version and Outlook 2003. When I link the Act! database to Outlook I get a .netframework startup error: "Object reference no set to an instance of an object." The event viewer identifies a critical error related to ActOutlookAddIn, with no further details.

 

When I completely remove the link using the Tools in Outlook, the problem goes away. When I connect to the demo database, the problem is still there. I have tried using the Outlook database repair tool and (of course) the Act repair tool. Neither one seems to help. Uninstalling all of the Act and Outlook addins doesn't seem to help either. The only thing that seems to work is to disconnect Outlook from Act, which seriously impairs the functionality of Act.

 

I have even tried uninstalling Act and .netframework and doing a complete reinstall. The problem is still there. Does anyone have a solution? Since it is not a problem that I had originally when using this version of Act, I'm wondering if the is some file that may have been corrupted in Act (yet again, the problems with Act seem endless)?

New Member
Posts: 5
Country: USA

Re: Act! 10/Outlook 2003 connection problem Object Reference not set to an instance of an object

I too am hoping for an answer to the same problem.  I as wondering if anyone knew of the registry entries for Outlook and ACT! that deal with the Outlook Add-in.  Maybe something there has been corrupted.
Tuned Listener
Posts: 58
Country: United Kingdom

Re: Act! 10/Outlook 2003 connection problem Object Reference not set to an instance of an object

[ Edited ]

I dont think the registry is the problem here.

 

But the Outlook ACT! reg keys are in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\ACTOutlookAddIn.Connect

There is a subkey named Loadbehavior that shoudl be set to 3 

 

You could try turning off any security software to see if it helps with the problem.

Anti-Virus / Firewalls / Windows Defender / UAC (Vista only)

 

Regards,

Cesc 

Message Edited by CrazyCesc4 on 07-02-2008 02:48 PM