Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 10: Index and count must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: count

Act! 10: Index and count must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: count

[ Edited ]
I am trying to do an email mail merge and everytime I go through the process I get this pop up window stating:

Index and count must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: count

The only option is to press Ok. After you press ok the Merging Records box disappears and the email is not sent. Does anyone know what the problem is with this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Message Edited by pablowerk on 09-16-2008 11:29 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Act! 10: Index and count must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: count

pablowerk,

I would first suggest you perform database maintenance on your Act! database, then a either a "Detect & Repair" or "Office Diagnostics..." depending on which version of Office you have.  If that still does not resolve your problem, you may need to use the program Actdiag to perform a more significant repair of your database.

MrWright

CEM
Copper Contributor

Re: Act! 10: Index and count must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: count

mrwright,

Did all the database maintenance. I also get that message except in my case the Dialer does not work and gives a similar message with Parameter count: bytes.

. ACT! 2009 on Win7 Ulti x64

[ Edited ]

Hello, I experienced the same problem both in November 2013 and again in January 2014 using different source files (both newly created) and converted into ADT templates.

The process used to create the ADT templates was as follows:

1. Graphic designer provided three file types; doc, docx and html
  2. I saved the doc version to my desktop, copied it and renamed the extension to .adt.
  3. Tested the mail merge and nothing happened for either email or word processor merging. I got the error "Could not open macro storage" when I merged to word processor and the error "Index and count must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: count" appeared when I tried to merge to email.
  4. I saved the docx file as a new .docx file.
  5. Then I copied the file and renamed the extension to .adt
  6. Mail merge to work processor worked but gave the following error message:
    ACT error on mail merge to word processor.PNG
  7. Merge to email gave the same error as in point 3 above.
  8. I have no software for converting HTML to ADT file and I didn't want to use MS's inefficient HTML to WORD conversion, so I did not test the HTML file.

I ran all tests, diagnostics and database repairs as suggested in previous posts.

Is there something I'm missing? Is there a way to convert between HTML and Act's ADT file types reliably?

Software Versions:

Sage ACT! Pro 2013 Version 15.0.301.0

MS Office Standard 2010 Vgersion 14.0.4760.1000 (32 bit)

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard SP1 (64 bit)