Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 10. French compatibility with Vista and Windows Mobile 6 and Office 2007 !!!

Act! 10. French compatibility with Vista and Windows Mobile 6 and Office 2007 !!!

Dear All of you

Our small (2 personns) company is using Ac! for a while and we have now the following version : ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.1.199 French (France)

We are using two computers (my notebook and the secretary desktop computer) and a to run the common database and it works quite fine and a cable connection between our two computers.

I do have the master base and the secratary synchronizes from time to time.

I use also a PDA (HTC 300+) running on Windows Mobile 5 on which I have got a copy of the database when I am out of the offiice for businnes.

We are both running on Windows XP SP3 Home Edition.

I think about changing my notebook  and have the following quetsions I would like you to help me to solve :

1) Is our version compatible with Vista ? (I think about having Vista Ultimate)

2) The secratary would stay for 1 or 2 years with Windows XP : is our version able to run and share a database on Vista and XP SP3 ?

3) Is our versionn will be compatible with Windows Mobile 6 ?

Awaiting your soonest advises and replies, I do remainat your disposal for any question or comment you may have and already thank you for your help !

Zaza24

What is well thought is clearly explained and the words to tell come easily.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act! 10. French compatibility with Vista and Windows Mobile 6 and Office 2007 !!!

1. Yes, ACT! 10.0x is fine on Vista

2. Yes

3. No. ACT! 10 only supported Windows Mobile 5. ACT! 11 supports Windows Mobile 6, but I find the best solution for Windows Mobile users is Handheld Contact (works WM5, WM6 and WM6.1 and ACT! 2005-2009). Down load the trial and have a play to see if it suits you.