Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 08 w/multi remote users, fields showing blank for some users, even after multiple synchs

Copper Contributor

Act 08 w/multi remote users, fields showing blank for some users, even after multiple synchs

We are using Act 2008 with multiple remote users.  Our issue is that many contact fields are showing as blank for some users but not for others, even after multiple synchronizations.  The contact name, company name, and title show up, but all other fields are blank.  We've done check and repair on the main database and on the remote user databases, and we've synchronized many times, with no effect.  The user who input the contacts (the originator) can see all the fields, but one or more other users (the recipients) cannot see all the fields.  For all of the contacts input on a particular day, the recipient can see all the fields for some of those contacts (so it is a hit or miss issue).  None of the new contacts are being input as private contacts, nor are they being deleted (knowledgebase and user guide list only these two as possible causes). We are using Address Grabber for many of these new contacts, and are contacting customer support with them to see if that might be related to the cause.  However, because the originator can see those fields, we are not sure this is the issue.  Another reason that makes us think this is not the issue is that the missing fields are not consistent amongst all the recipients - one recipient might show only 25 contacts missing data while the other recipient shows 115 contacts missing data.  In addition, not every contact brought in through Address Grabber is missing data.  Apologies for the length of this message.  We are desperate and determined to get help and want to provide you good Samaritans with as much information as possible.

Re: Act 08 w/multi remote users, fields showing blank for some users, even after multiple synchs

Well I find this very interesting - that you just posted this on Friday.  I don't have an answer for you unfortunately.  But I have come looking for an answer to exactly the same problem.  Have had two users come to me mentioning this very behavior in just the last business day.  Joining the list for thoughts anyone may have on the subject.

Thanks and have a great day!

Dani

Copper Contributor

Re: Act 08 w/multi remote users, fields showing blank for some users, even after multiple synchs

Are you guys also using Address Grabber?

We are not using address grabber.  But the remainder of the issue sounds the same.
Copper Contributor

Re: Act 08 w/multi remote users, fields showing blank for some users...HELP!!

Does bumping work in this forum?  If so, I am bumping - still having this issue.  Please help!!!!

Is the information present on the server side?  Do all remotes experience the issue?  Does this happen every time new information is put in the database?

Why were you asking if someone was using AddressGrabber?  Are you using AddressGrabber and notice its only happening when importing from the addon?

Copper Contributor

The main database is not missing information.  I've not surveyed all of our users (some are on vacation), but most experience it to one degree or another (as I said before, for one of the groups I am showing only 25 with missing data and another user is showing 115 contacts with missing data in that same group).  It does not happen every time new information is put in.  On a particular day, I may input 25 new contacts and some of them will show data missing and some will not. 

As to Address Grabber, I do use it almost exclusively when bringing in new contacts, but the problem doesn't happen for every new contact brought in through Address Grabber so I don't think that is the issue.  Plus, the other user in this thread who is experiencing the same issue is not using Address Grabber.

I appreciate any help you can provide!  You've helped me before so I am very hopeful that you will be able to help me again!!

Copper Contributor

Bumping again, still need help on this.
Copper Contributor

Have you given this any more thought?  I am still in need of help with this issue...

You will need to narrow down the issue more.  You'll need to determine if its database, specific, environmental, or program issue. 

Start with creating new remote from the demo database and test sync.  If you're not able to reproduce the issue, then you know its database specific and you can go the route of creating an empty copy of the parent database, import all your data and create new remotes.