Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Acf For Financial Professionals

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Acf For Financial Professionals

I just spoke to a Laser App person and asked if their product works with the Act for Financial Professionals and the answer is no it does not work.  I currently use laser app with the current Act I have to fill out all my forms.  I cannot be without it.  Your programers need to work with Laser App programers and get these two products to work together before I will buy the Act for Financial Professionals.  I would appreciate your forwarding my concerns to you management and programmer teams.  Please keep me informed as to the progress of this issue.

Thank You,

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author grkiser
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Acf For Financial Professionals

Its applies to all ACT! flavors.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Its not a matter of Sage working with Laser App. Its up to the addon developers to update their products to newer versions of ACT!.

Please submit a feature request to be considered in a future version - http://www.act.com/community/feature/

Copper Contributor

Your answer is a cop-out!!!!!!!!!!!  I haved talked to the programmers at Laser APP for several years and ever since Sage came into the picture Sage has not been cooperative with them. This has been an issue ever since I have had Act software.  You people keep blaming the other guy.  Laser App has tried numerous times to contact your programmers and have yet to get a return phone call.  All Sage needs to do to solve this problem is to contact Laser APP and allow them to have access to all the tables and not just table one.  As a financial professional, you leave me no other options than to inform all the people I know in  this profession and tell them about Sage's unwillingness to work with Laser App to solve this problem.  I can not recommend that anyone purchase this produce if they are using Laser APP to fill out their forms, until Sage decides to listen to us users and get this problem solved.  Act For Financial Professionals could be a great product if it would allow Laser APP to work with it.

[ Edited ]

ACT! Software Development Kit (SDK) is available for free to anyone who would like to develop addons for the ACT! product that will have access to all tables.  Sage releases new version of ACT! every year.  The addons may or may not need to be updated for the newer version.  But if the addon fails to be compatible, its up to the third-party company to release an update to their product.  We also have SDK support for addon developers that they can call receive support.

If you would like to contact Sage directly regarding this matter, please visit our Contact Us site.

Message Edited by dlunceford on 11-06-2008 02:09 PM
Copper Contributor

That is all well and good, but where is there access to this SDK file?  Could you send me the link? 
Platinum Elite Contributor

Right on the ACT! web site. http://www.act.com/partners/addonpartners/sdk/
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

That link does not show anything for the ACT FOR FINANCIAL PROFESSIONALS.
Solution
Accepted by topic author grkiser
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Its applies to all ACT! flavors.
Copper Contributor

Thanks,  I sent the info on to Laser APP.
Nickel Super Contributor

If you need an interface to ACT!, try 4Advisors.  It has an interface to Laser App. www.act4advisors.com  and works great.

Scott Abboud