Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Acess Denied Modifying Layout

Acess Denied Modifying Layout

I am trying to modify the layout on the main db but keep getting an access denied message.

Is this to do with my share settings? Windows 7.

thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Acess Denied Modifying Layout

What is the exact error message you are receiving? If you switch the demo database in ACT! are you able to access those layouts? One thing you can try is to close ACT!, then reopen it by right-clicking on the program icon and selecting "Run As Administrator" (instead of double-clicking).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks for the reply,

just tried that and it didn't work.

The error message is 'cannot modify layout (then lists the act folders) access is denied'

I have given the whole ACT folder full administrative permissions and yet I still cannot edit the layout.

I have also noticed that scheduled backups are not completing because the 'original file has 'read only' properties.

I'm sure there is a way out of this but Windows 7 is a bit heavy on security sometimes!
Bronze Super Contributor

I would think that running as Admin should make this unnecessary, but perhaps not:  Is User Access Control turned on in Windows 7?  If so, have you tried turning it off - at least temporarily - to see if that alleviates the issue?

Also, have you looked at the actual layout files themselves in Windows Explorer and checked the properties to see if the Read Only flag is set?