Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Accounting Link and QuickBooks 2009 Premium

Champion Listener

Accounting Link and QuickBooks 2009 Premium

Has anyone tried to use Accounting Link 4 with QB 2009 and Act 2009?  I may have made a mistake and just bought and installed QB 2009.  It definitely doesn not work with Accounting Link 3.2.  Need some advice before buying Accounting Link 4.0.

Thanks.

Dan P. Beckner

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Accounting Link and QuickBooks 2009 Premium

See http://www.act.com/products/accounting/quickbooks/system/

It appears that the issue with QB 2009 does need the update to the QB link.

I can't say anything else as the link doesn't work for QB outside North America, so I'm actually writing our own that will work with all QB and add many more functions.

[ Edited ]
ACT! Link for QuickBooks 4.0 was designed for QuickBooks 2008.  ALFQB 4.0 has not been tested with QuickBooks 2009.
Message Edited by dlunceford on 10-06-2008 12:27 PM
Champion Listener

Thanks guys.  I was afraid of that.  Like the saying goes "be alert", "the world needs more lerts".

Dan

Copper Super Contributor

Can anyone confirm what the options are using Act v11 and Quickbooks in the UK

What add-on works, and with what version of Quickbooks?

Thanks

Andy

Andy Kent
Angel Solutions (UK and NZ)
www.angelsolutions.co.uk
Platinum Elite Contributor

There QB links only work in North America....

I am actually writting a QB link that will work ACT! 2008/2009 and QB 2007/8/9 - in all international versions of QB. Should be available eraly in the new year, all  being well.

Champion Listener

BEWARE!!! I contacted ACT about the Accounting Link 4.0 and Act 2009 and Quickbooks Premiere 2009.  Someone named John Williams responded that as long as it was the "Premiere" edition it would work fine.  NOT!  I bought the Act Link for Accounting 4.0 and installed it.  It cannot "connect" to a Quickbooks 2009 database.  So far no feedback from ACT on my results, but I will keep you posted.

Dan P. Beckner

Copper Super Contributor

Mike

Sounds good - if you're interested in a beta test site in the UK (we are software development company) who use Act v11 and Quickbooks and used to software development cycles, we would be interested in helping shape the product development?

Thanks

Andy

Andy Kent
Angel Solutions (UK and NZ)
www.angelsolutions.co.uk

Dan,

You were misinformed by the sales rep and I've already stated previously that ALFQB 4.0 was designed for QuickBooks 2008.

Champion Listener

You are absolutely correct.  I finally got through to "technical support" late today.  They (after 45 minutes of trying to make it work, WHY?) told me it was designed for the 2008 version of Quickbooks.  Customer service quickly issued a refund credit.  For all to know:  There is NOT yet an ACT Link for quickbooks 2009.

Dan