Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Account editing/deletion

Account editing/deletion

We are a small but growing company.  When our ACT was installed I was made the data manager.  I have been in this capacity before.  Recently I had an employee do some file cleaning.  It was my impression that if someone else besides myself were to delete a file, as a failsafe it would ask me, the administrator, to approve the deletion.  When our employee deleted some old files it did so without my approval.  What do we need to do?
Nickel Contributor

Re: Account editing/deletion

There are several prompts to warn that deletions made in the database are final. There is no feature to prompt the administrator when another person w/ delete priveledges removes records. It will record the event to history but the deleted contacts are lost permanently unless we have a recent back up to restore.

I see.  Seems like when I used ACT years ago it would not let a file delete without administrators approval.  It would make sense to have this feature.
Nickel Contributor

There are still security roles to prevent unwanted access to features including contact deletion. The person who did the deleting would have had to have atleast standard access with contact deletion access. This can all be limited from the manage users menu.

thanks.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Having supported, in ACT! tech support, every version of the ACT! program from the DOS versions through ACT! 6, I can tell you that such a feature was never available as a standard feature in the ACT! program. It may have been available as an add on that I was not aware of. Actually it sounds like a good feature so you could suggest it as a feature for a future version. Also the the present security levels can be set to block deleting any contact record. You could check that out.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

thanks for the input, roy.  I will dig in the security features and see what I can accomplish.