Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Accidently deleted/changed Primary Country Field

Accidently deleted/changed Primary Country Field

I was editing fields a few months ago, and I accidently delted or changed the name of my primary country field.  I need to add the country in "my record", so that the phone fields are defaulting to united states.  Without the country identified I have to manually change each phone field ever time I enter a new contact.  How can I fix this? 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Accidently deleted/changed Primary Country Field

I didn't think you could delete it (I haven't tried)... might you have just removed it from the Layout? Check if it's in Define Fields?

Also, what version of ACT! (full build from help | about)? The options to fix might be different in some versions

it is 2011. I don't think the field was actually deleted, but I was not using the field, so I accidently changed the name to a different field.  I have no which field it is now.  I have even tried creating a new field and labeling it country and then adding that as united states, and that didn't work.  I probably didn't do it right though.

Nickel Contributor

Open ACTDiag (Start / Run / ACTDiag click on OK)
Click on OK on the warning.
Click on Databases, the Databases List
Right click on your database and select Database reports/ Database structure reports and select field list to CSV
In the Alisa Name Column, find the Country value, the display name column will tell you the name you renamed country to.
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand

I found the field I had changed, and tried to change it to my country field, but it did not fix the problem yet.  I don't think i have a country drop down list.  Do i need the field to have that or what do you suggest? 

Platinum Elite Contributor

so do i have to find what the original countries drop down list was as well? 

I don't have the original drop down list for countries.  What do i do now? 

Platinum Super Contributor

You can obtain a list of the original country drop-down values from the Demo database.  You will export the drop-down list from the Demo and then import it into the Country drop-down list within your database.  This will be done through the Tools > Define Fields > Manage Drop Down Lists option.

Greg Martin
Sage