Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Acces to Path denied, Please help!!!!

Acces to Path denied, Please help!!!!

I have ACT 2009 Ver ll, i have not used it for a year or so, I have windows 7, it use to work, now when i try to open it i get "access to the path C:\users\mac\appdata\roaming\act\act for windows 11\dependentDlls.xml is denied, can you PLEASE help me. I have already tried the unchecking read only and hidden files.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Acces to Path denied, Please help!!!!

[ Edited ]

Hello irie44,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. This is usually a permissions issue. The first thing I would try is running ACT! as an Administrator:
- Close ACT!
- Right-click on the program icon (desktop or start menu) and select Properties
- Go to the Compatibility tab and check the box at the bottom top run as and admin.

If that does not work, then try disabling User Account Control (UAC) in Windows (will require you to reboot). Instructions for Windows 7 are here:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2566...

If you still have the issue, try this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1903...

Also, please note that ACT! 2009 is not certified to work with Windows 7, although we have had very few reported issues. If your Windows 7 machine came with Office 2010, this will not integrate with ACT! 2009. For MS Office integration you would need Office 2003 or 2007 for ACT! 2009; or you will need to upgrade to ACT! 2011 or higher for Office 2010 compatibility. No versions of ACT! will work with the 64-bit version of Office.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you for the response, tried all three, same message every time, Im about to lose my mind on this one.

You can also try manually rebuilding your preferences file. Instructions are in the bottom half of this KB article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1477...

If this does not resolve, then you may need to uninstall and reinstall ACT!.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Grieg, thanks for the help. Problem is I onlyhave my ACT 2007 disc, which says it is not compatible with Windows 7, I think we had ugraded to ACT 2009 online so I have no way to reinstall it now.

If you need to reinstall ACT! 2009, I can send you a download link. You would just need to send me your ACT! 2009 serial number via private message in this forum. To send me a private message, click my username on the left, then "Send this user a private message" on the right.

But, first try deleting the preferences file.

Greig Hollister

Check the properties for these two directories to make sure that Full Control has been granted to the "Everyone" group:
C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows
C:\Users\Mac\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT for Windows 11

Note: If there are other "ACT for Windows (version#) folders in the 'ACT" folder besides "ACT for Windows 11", then delete them.

Greig Hollister

[ Edited ]

I sure appreciate all the help, unfortunately, I have worked on this all day, installed ACT 2009 6 times, uninstalled it etc, and its the same * thing, access path denied etc. I was able to install it on my desktop, worked perfect the first time. I guess the laptop is just messed up beyond help. MICROSOFT Stinks!

[edit: language]

Silver Super Contributor

Delete the file in your first post.  ACT! will recreate it when it starts up.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!