Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

About to purchase -some questions

About to purchase -some questions

Hi all!

I am new to ACT! but as the new CTO for a small financial firm I will need to learn it as we are leaving good old Excel to better track our sales and allow for some campaigns. We will have 4 users initially, with expansion to 10 by year end. ACT pro will be the choice.

We need track: Calls, Conversation logs, Client Statements, Forms, and Live Client for each user.  

We will also need to define a "prospect" category that comes after conversations, but before Client statements.  This propect category should break the list down further as to clients existing and future needs . Maybe the excel spreadsheet we have been using will easily translate into ACT?

Is it possible for me to accomplish this within a day or two, or should I get outside help?

Thank you in advance and have a wonderful day!

Smiley Happy

Bronze Contributor

Re: About to purchase -some questions

Just wanted to give you a heads up on one potential pitfall - ACT! Pro will work fine for you for 4 users today, and 10 users tomorrow, but it will never support an 11th user - it does have a hard-coded limit of 10 users,  If you think you'll be hitting 11+ users in the near-term, then go for Premium, otherwise Pro is fine.  If you buy ACT! Pro now and pretty quickly grow to 11, you'll have to re-buy Premium for everyone, but I think there may be an upgrade path so you don't lose all of your investment.

Signature

Thank you for the feedback!

Anyone know about translating our current Excel "tracking" spreadsheet into ACT?

Please Help!

Every other independent sales office I speak with tell me to go with a cloud based (hosted) solution instead of Act.

I am getting cold feet...can someone please guide me!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. In answer to your earlier question regarding Excel, you should be able import all the data in your spreadsheet into an ACT! database. You will just need to make sure you have created fields in the database for each column that you have in your spreasheet. In regards to the cloud-based option, it has it's advantages and disadvantages and depends on which service you choose (I cannot speak to any one in particular). ACT! has a web-based solution, although it is not cloud-based, and there are hosting providers for ACT! as well if you prefer not to maintain your own database and software installation. You can find a list of providers at http://www.act.com/partners/hosting/.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.