Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Abacus Calculated Fields add-on + Durkin Toolkit

Abacus Calculated Fields add-on + Durkin Toolkit

Hi there!
I'm using Abacus Calculated Fields add-on ( http://actpresentation.com ) for calculations in ACT!

Recently I've installed Durkin Toolkit ( http://durkincomputing.com ) and it seems both add-ons are incompatible (I'm getting weird error messages).

Any ideas how to fix it?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Abacus Calculated Fields add-on + Durkin Toolkit

I have heard of a few add-ons that can't work when the Durkin Toolkit has been installed.

You might try and contact the add-on developers or find another add-on that won't conflict

[ Edited ]

Durkin Toolkit’s ‘Show icons’ switch  in the Contact Details view may cause other 3rd-party add-ons to behave incorrectly if those 3rd party add-ons load after Toolkit.

How do you know if they are loading after the Toolkit?

- Unfortunately, you can’t because Sage/ACT! does not support load-order on plug-ins. (We have requested ACT include such a load-order feature in future, as that will help all 3rd-party providers.)
But here’s the quick and easy fix:

1. Make sure you have Durkin Toolkit build 3.0.0.3 (or better) which will be published by 22 hours GMT Tuesday 21 Oct 2008.
  2. Turn the ‘Show Icons’ feature OFF by following these steps:
    a- In ACT go to the TOOLS menu and select DURKIN TOOLKIT
    b- Click on the TOOLBAR tab
    c- Remove the checkmark from "SHOW ICONS ON TABS" – you’ll find it within ‘Panels and Toolbars’
    d- Restart ACT
 Requires The Durkin Toolkit Build 3.0.0.3 or better
Message Edited by Gavin Phillips on 10-20-2008 02:28 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Actually Gavin, I don't think it's just the load order.

I know Ingo at CRMAddon found a work-around to get itDial and his other products to run on systems with the Durkin Toolkit.... he did tell me what the actual cause was, but I can't recall just know. Maybe Jim should give him a call and see what he found?