Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

AUTO PHONE DIALING FROM ACT

AUTO PHONE DIALING FROM ACT

[ Edited ]

Act Verson 12.1

Have had prev versions and the phone dialer worked great. I have followed the instructions and cannot get the phone dialer to stay on. After reboot etc you have to go throught the same process again. Anybody have a solution or is this a glitch

Elliot  elliot@silverstoneco.com

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: AUTO PHONE DIALING FROM ACT

Does the Windows dialer retain it's settings? ACT! doesn't have its own dialer but uses the Windows dialer.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Contributor

I use the dialer every day.  Sometimes, the dialer icon grays out, but I generally assume it is because of something that I do.  I thend to move fast using the keyboard instead of the mouse when possible.  From those who have read my posts, it is clear I am my own worst enemy. 

Having said that, are you able to replicate the conditions when you lose the dialer capability?  Do you have any other programs that also use the dialer?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit
Nickel Elite Contributor

Yeh what up Sage with the ACT1 2010 dialer? 2008 was working fine using magic jack. Not now with 2010.

So Gilles at www.exponenciel.com   has a magic jack add-on that does not require a modem in your pc.

Cheers - FSB

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html
Platinum Super Contributor

There is a known issue with Act! 2010 where the 'Phone Contact' icon will become grayed out after closing and reopening the program.  The work-around for this issue is to change the Startup View from the 'Welcome' screen to any other view (contact, contact list, dashboard).  The option for Startup View is located at: Tools > Preferences > Startup tab > Views.

You will want to disable the dialer > click OK > then re-enable the dialer at the time you change your Startup View.

Greg Martin
Sage