Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ASDS program used to integrate with WinFax ='s problems with numbers

Astute Commentator

ASDS program used to integrate with WinFax ='s problems with numbers

[ Edited ]
I purchased the ASDS program that helps integrate WinFax with ACT newer versions. But then when I changed my numbers format to 'spaced' it lost a lot of my fax and phone numbers. ASDS only says to restore from a back up. Well it has been weeks since then and I don't what to loose my new data.  Does anyone have any idea how I can restore only my fax & phone numbers and change the spaced format to free form???? 
Message Edited by EJFletcher on 09-19-2008 06:49 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ASDS program used to integrate with WinFax ='s problems with numbers

Once data is changed in the database, including deleted, it's gone and there is no way to get it back except by restoring a backup. You can do a restore as with the backup that you have which will restore the backup without overwriting the present version but you will need to copy the phone numbers manually.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Astute Commentator

Re: ASDS program used to integrate with WinFax ='s problems with numbers

Mr. Laudenslage,

I thank you for the response, although not the answer I was hoping for.  This Stinks!

So, in this case, ASDS should tell the people they sell their product to that this could happen. I was not informed of this when I was instructed to  make the change to the format of phone and fax numbers in my database.

How does someone let ACT know that one of there 'Add On' partners is causing this havoc to ther customers???

Thanks again.