Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ALF/PAD files gone, Act still tries to access at Logon

Copper Contributor

ALF/PAD files gone, Act still tries to access at Logon

ACT! Ver. 17

All files associated with an old database were accidentally deleted. No loss as far as data goes, but ACT! still tries to logon to the deleted db, and greatly extends the PC startup process.

How can I remove all references i ACT! and MS SQL Server to the deleted db files so it doesn't try to logon and keep failing??

Thanks,

Mike

Silver Super Contributor

Re: ALF/PAD files gone, Act still tries to access at Logon

Do a Start | Run | ActDiag and then select Tools and Delete Preference from the menu.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Contributor

Thanks Stan -- that got it. . .

Mike

Copper Contributor

Sorry -- Didn't solve the issue.

Windows Event Viewer shows the following happening about 16 times with the following error message:

Login failed for user 'sa' . Reason: Failed to open the explicitly specified database 'HP_Incite'. [Client : <local machine>

HP_Incite is the db whose PAD/ALF files were deleted. I presume user 'sa;'' is Swiftpage Act. . .

Silver Super Contributor

You are probably going to have to install SQL Management Studio and then detach the databases from inside that application.  I don't believe that actdiag will allow you to detach a database that isn't there anymore.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Contributor

Actually found a solution. Just made copies of the three good db files and the database sub-directory, and renamed them all to the problem database. Then opened the renamed db in ACT and deleted it there.

Crude, but it worked. . .Smiley Very Happy