Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ADF files.

ADF files.

Hello, I have a database which is in ADF format, (?!) from our former ACT 7 or 8. I don't know how its became ADF. When I open ACT 2012, for open a database, it didn't t recognize, but I have it in my disk, When I try directly from the data base ADF, a message like these appeared:" ADF must be in a local device. Files on mapped or shared drive cannot be used"

How I can open and use these data base, or send to somebody (paying) to continuing working with these data base. Thanks from Spain!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ADF files.

ADF is the extension of the ACT! Database File ... from ACT! 2005 (7.0) and later

In ACT!, you can go - File | Open
The change type to ADF to select the file and create a new PAD

THANKS so Much GL, I will try and confirm you. All the best for you and your country which I love!!!

I try as you write, doesn t work .:-((...Impossible to read or open...Any other idea? oI can send you zipped the data base and charge me the manip...
Platinum Elite Contributor

You need both the ADF and the ALF file and they need to be on a local hard drive, they can't be on an external drive. If you only have the ADF file that is the database and database repair can rebuilt the ALF file.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy, we get it!!!!!!! Thanks a lot and all the other who participate!