Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACt Pro 2011 envelope printing issue

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACt Pro 2011 envelope printing issue

I have been using ACT since version 5 and this version is very tricky to use.  I have version Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hot Fix 6 loaded and still cannot print envelopes like in version 2010.  I have tried the following:

Attempt 1: Created a 2010 Office template with jpg logo pasted into template and used Address! and Address 2 for contacts followed by City, State, ZIP.  This template will not collapse the line between Address 1 and City, State, ZIP if Address 2 is blank.  Places City, State, ZIP on Address 2 line but indented to the right about an inch.

Attempt 2:  Edited envelope 10 template within Print function according to documentation form Sage.  Pasted jpg file into template.  Envelope prints addresses correctly but does not print jpg logo file.

I am in a "LOOP" here and would appreciate any suggestions.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author john_eis
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACt Pro 2011 envelope printing issue

You won't see the logo in the print preview, only when actually printed.

There is a third party book with comprehensive training information on the ACT! reports, here is the link.

https://www.packtpub.com/sage-act-2011-dashboard-and-report-cookbook/book

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author john_eis
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

You won't see the logo in the print preview, only when actually printed.

There is a third party book with comprehensive training information on the ACT! reports, here is the link.

https://www.packtpub.com/sage-act-2011-dashboard-and-report-cookbook/book

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks, that did the trick but a bit confusing.  I guess Crystal Reports has spoiled me.  Hopefully Sage will one day include Crystal Reports with ACT like all their other products.  Awesome report writer with many features and flexibility.  I was a Sage Abra reseller until this year and could create some awesome reports using Crystal Reports.

As a side note, any suggestions about how to make the printing work in Word so null fields are not printed?

Sorry I can't help you with printing in Word. I don't know if the problem is ACT! or Word. I suspect that it could be Word because starting with ACT! 2005 the mail merge to Word became more controlled by Word.

I don't know why graphics no longer show in the report print preview. before ACT! 2008 or 2009 they did.

The underlying report engine for the ACT! reports is very powerful, comparable to Crystal reports. The report editor and runtime filtering is the main constraint on the ACT! reports. To the extent that I can go around the editor and directly edit the report code I've been able to extend the capabilities of the ACT! reports. Crystal reports is very powerful but has a monster of a learning curve and, in my opinion, a very poor user interface. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Silver Super Contributor

John,

I have written an interface between Crystal Reports and ACT!.  We have a product called Crystal Clear Essentials that includes reports and we have another product called Crystal Clear Provider with is just the interface but allows you to write your own reports.  Think of it as integrating the Crystal Reports runtime with ACT! and putting it on the menu in ACT!.  You can find out more about Crystal Clear Essentials at www.crystalclearessentials.com.  If you just want to purchase the interface it's a little less expensive.  You can find it at www.adsprogramming.com/products.htm.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!