Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACt 2011 not working on Windows 7 Home Premium,

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACt 2011 not working on Windows 7 Home Premium,

I have been trying diligently to make my Act 2011 for the web work on Windows 7 Home Premium, the website states thta it is compatible, but the sytem ill not load even after changing the compatiblity setting to work with Windows XP, now it wants XP service PAck Three, how do you get around this?????? HELP

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author TallTony
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACt 2011 not working on Windows 7 Home Premium,

You'll need to provide the full error your getting to get a complete answer.

To offer a quick suggestion - this might be what you need.

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26077/kw/windows%20xp%20service%20pack%203

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author TallTony
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

You'll need to provide the full error your getting to get a complete answer.

To offer a quick suggestion - this might be what you need.

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26077/kw/windows%20xp%20service%20pack%203

Thank you so much, also make sure to run the Act Un Installer, if you have alink for that that would make this comment well worth the effort. Always us the uninstaller once you have installed ACt to remove the registery items that cuase most fo hese errors

Tuned Listener

Was working, now NOT!

[ Edited ]

Was working. Went out of town, back home,  turned laptop on, now Sage ACT! won't work!  Windows 7, Home Premium, SP 1. Would tell you the ACT! version, but IT WON'T OPEN!

You want the error message?  here it is:

Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Act.UI.ActApplication",name = " ". Exception message is: The current build operation (build key Build Key [Act.UI.ActApplication, null]) failed:

System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Binary stream '0' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader. Possible causes are invalid stream or object version change between seriialization and deserialization.

at

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary._BinaryParser.Run()

at

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler,_BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)

at

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters. Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, BooleanfCheck. Boolean is CrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessagemethodCallMessage)

at

ACT.UI.Core.CustomCommandHelper.Deserialize(String fileName)

(Stragey type BuildPlanStragety, index 3)

I'm now tired.... Appreciate the help.

[Edit: Content removed from subject line.]

Copper Elite Contributor

Was working, now NOT!

[ Edited ]

Not sure if this would help, but ....

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25865

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Was working, now NOT!

as mrogers says, the Tahoma font is likely corrupted (per the KB link). I've had this happen occasionally. Don't know what causes it but it's an easy fix once you know what the cryptic error message actually means.

Tuned Listener

Rebuilding the preferences file worked. Here's the link:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14770

NOTE: There was a reference on mhy post that profanity had been deleted. I used no profanity and am disappointed that the words I used to describe the magnitude of my anguish were deleted.   Sad.

On another note, thanks USERS for your help.  YOU solved my problem.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello rickr149,

Please see your Private Messages in this forum. Thank you.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.