Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACTemail MFC Application has stopped working

ACTemail MFC Application has stopped working

Act! Pro 17.1.169; Windows 8; Outlook in Office 13; Programs are on my computer's hard drive.

Just starting to use program (was a long-time user of version 2 back in the day), and this message stops me from sending an email every single time.  Don't even get to the "Send" option, as it pops up mid-composition.

I have it set up per instructions and am trying to email from Act! program itself.  (Outlook works fine)

I have NEVER been able to get past the error message in the subject line--which then says Windows 8 is [snort] looking for a solution.  

Program is pretty worthless to me without a fix.  Any suggestions?

Silver Super Contributor

Re: ACTemail MFC Application has stopped working

See if this helps.

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22446

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

I did that.

And immediately undid it without testing.

Seriously?  To email in Act! one would have to disengage one's printer so that it cannot be used--or even SEEN?

This is supposed to be a FIX?

Is there, maybe, something else to do?  Something less Draconian?

Is EVERYONE having this problem--and deciding not to use their printer any more?!  :-)

Silver Super Contributor

No.  The problem is that there is an issue with your print spooler not that you are supposed to turn it off permanently.  You need to stop it and then flush it and then restart it.  I didn't realize they didn't go through the whole process in the KB article.  That's just one possibility that might be causing the problem though.  It's also possible that you have a different version of the MFC dll loaded and Act! needs a later version or perhaps an earlier version to work properly.  The problem that you are having occurs very infrequently.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

And, yeah--that didn't do it.

Email is completely nonfunctional in Act! for me.  

Any other suggestions?

Silver Super Contributor

Not off hand.  Those can be difficult to troubleshoot.  Check the Windows Event Viewer and see if there are any messages there that might point you in the right direction.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com