Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACTSchedulerUI

Highlighted

ACTSchedulerUI

We run ACT! Premium on an RDS Server for some of our remote users and are having a problem with the interface for the scheduler and the sync service. Both of these applications load up each time a user logs on and require elevated permissions which obviously the users do not have. As none of the users require access to either of the UI's in question I would like to stop them loading.

I have found the registry values at the following location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ for both the applications:-

"ACTSchedulerUI"="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ACT\\Act for Windows\\Act.Scheduler.UI.exe\" -Dfalse"
"ACTSyncServiceUI"="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ACT\\ACT for Windows\\ACT Network Sync\\Act.Framework.Synchronization.Service.UI.exe\" -Dfalse"

You would think that the -Dfalse switch would mean display false but that appears not to be the case. As you would expect, deleting these values stops the UI's from loading but I have now done this several times and the values keep re appearing by themselves.

I would really appreciate a lasting solution if there is one.

Thanks

Geoff

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: ACTSchedulerUI

Hi,
Disable the act scheduler from services.msc and check.
Highlighted

I don't want to disable the ACT! scheduler service as I am using it, I just want to stop showing the interface.

Thanks

Geoff

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Okay. Act scheduler will require elevation to run. try changing the local account to admin user under properties in services.
Highlighted

Thanks for the input it's much appreciated but as I said, the issue is not with the services themselves. The issue is with the separate interface components for each service which run independently of the services and are not affected by the credentials the services themselves run under.  

This is born out by the fact that I can alter the registry keys I mentioned earlier and the interfaces don't load but the services continue to function normally.

What I don't understand here is why the registry keys that load the interface components at logon keep getting recreated after I have removed them?

This action must be hard coded somewhere!

Geoff