Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACTOLEDB2 reader error

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACTOLEDB2 reader error

When I log into ACT I get this error message:

"Error occurred after logon in synchronization manager: The path is not of a legal form."

If I say Ok, it continues to log me in and works fine.

I am also using the Durkin Impact Suite Add-on and Reporting module. When I log into Impact Reports and try to open any report I get the following error:

"The ACTOLEDB.2 reader threw an error when Impact requested the list from the ACT! SQL server."

If I say OK, it continues to open the report, however, I cannot make any changes to fields, etc. in the Wizard tab. If I try to create a new report, I get the same error. If I say OK, it opens the Wizard, but there are no ACT tables available to choose from.

Not sure if the two errors are related or how to go about fixing the issue.

I am using ACT! ProVersion 16.0.291.0 on a shared server (using SQL Express). My machine is running Windows 8.

Thank you,

Renee

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author rcrodgers
‎06-22-2016 07:59 AM
Administrator

Re: ACTOLEDB2 reader error

Hi Renee,

Hotfix 2 released in 2013 (ACT16HF2.exe) reportedly fixes the first issue you describe. The latest update for Act v16 is SP3 (v16.3). We generally recommend that you keep all your machines up to date with the latest service packs. They also include all previous updates and hotfixes.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Employee

[ Edited ]

Hi Renee,

Your first issue can be resolved by applying Hotfix 2 for v16 (see http://act.com/support/download-center/).

Hi Tom,

Which HotFix 2 for v16? the one released in 2013 or the one released in 2014 (SP1 HotFix 2)?

Thank you,

Renee

Solution
Accepted by topic author rcrodgers
‎06-22-2016 07:59 AM
Administrator

Hi Renee,

Hotfix 2 released in 2013 (ACT16HF2.exe) reportedly fixes the first issue you describe. The latest update for Act v16 is SP3 (v16.3). We generally recommend that you keep all your machines up to date with the latest service packs. They also include all previous updates and hotfixes.

Thank you, Gary,

This did fix my first issue and possibly the second issue as I have not seen the error in the Durkin Reporting module since downloading the Hotfix (and have access to all fields again).

Copper Contributor

I am getting the same error in regards to Durkin Reports. I can't apply the hot fix as I am on Version 18 of ACT and on the lastest verision. 

Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks