Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACTEmail.exe has stopped working Act 11

ACTEmail.exe has stopped working Act 11

When I use the ACT email program it is very slow especially when I am replying or sending an email and then I get a message ACTEMAIL.exe has stopped working and then closes the program.  It was working fine and then stopped working.

Also I can not get the email program to restore my emails and folders after switching and transfering computers.  Please don't tell me to pay for tech support when this program is suppose to work and has had bugs since it's inception.

Thanks for any help.

Gary

Re: ACTEmail.exe has stopped working Act 11

Try doing check and repair from Tools > Database Maintenance.  Also see if you have the problem within a different database.

Unfortunately, you will need to contact support to restore the emails and folders.

Tuned Listener

Are you perhaps using Outlook 2003 as the Act email system and using Act Email as the editor?

no I use outlook for other email addresses but set up ACT email (or tried to) for a different one on both machines.  I decided to use Foxfire for my ACT database emails and cut and paste for important messages.  I can't see paying $199 support fee to have someone tell me how to fix their buggy program.

[ Edited ]

I am also having a problem with my e-mail not working in ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0

Whenever I click write - email message or email message from template, it never succeeds.  Sometimes I get an actemail.exe error.  

When I try to write an e-mail from template, the status bar shows that it is merging contacts but it just quits and never lets me send the e-mail.  Instead, I get an error or I just wonder if it sent out an incomplete email.  

= = 

- database maintenence options did not solve the problem.

- My Outlook is fully functiona and has no problems. 

- I can write a letter through act.. but I can't write an e-mail.  Sometimes I get an actemail.exe error.  

Message Edited by SoCalSalesRep on 05-05-2009 04:58 PM
Copper Contributor

has anyone figured out the probglem?   i have outlook 2007 and ran Microsoft diagnistics and no errors were found.  This problem just started.  what could it be?