Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACTEmail 2011 Pro comes up for 30 to 90 seconds and then "has to close..."

Copper Contributor

ACTEmail 2011 Pro comes up for 30 to 90 seconds and then "has to close..."

ACT! Pro 2011 version 13.1.112.6, just updated with latest Fix, but no help. Two days ago, the ACT! Email started throwing the "Encountered an Error and must close... Send to Microsoft, etc." and then shuts down. Trying to relaunch then returns the Notification that there is No email setup. Try to go into preferences and set it up again and the screen for types is Blank and there's no way to set up anything. Exit ACT! and Relaunch, and we have a few seconds to send off an email and receive any new ones, and then it encounters the error again.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled completely on this workstation, the other user in the network continued to work without issue on a different computer. All user profiles on this computer have the same issue.

I've also used the directions to uninstall and reinstall the vcredist_x86.exe with limited success, in that it seems to hold off that initial "crash" for up to an hour on one of the 5 or 6 times I used it. Any ideas or things to try would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

John Wilson,

ACT!, SQL and Crystal Professional

Re: ACTEmail 2011 Pro comes up for 30 to 90 seconds and then "has to close..."

I have the same issue with ACT 2012 Pro Version 14.1.108.0. I already removed everything and installed again. But as soon as I open the ACT!Email it takes about 30 seconds until it crash. All other computers do not have this problem and the Email ist working properly.

Any suggestions?

Copper Contributor

Try turning off preview to get a lot more time before the crash. I still don't have a solution. Stay tuned, it's technology!
Copper Contributor

Hi. Did you ever resolve this error? I have the same problem with several computers at a new ACT!2013 Pro site.