Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT9ext.dll, ACT v6 & Outlook 2002

Tuned Listener

ACT9ext.dll, ACT v6 & Outlook 2002

Sometime back, I tried ACT v9. I did not like it for various reasons, so I uninstalled it using the uninstall portion of the original install and went back to v6. However, several of our people get the following error when opening Outlook 2002: "The add-in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ACT9Ext.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu.". We have tried that to no avail. Any suggestions on how to clean up?
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: ACT9ext.dll, ACT v6 & Outlook 2002

In outlook goto tools | options | select the tab others | addin manager | uncheck act extension
reoped outlook and check
Tuned Listener

Thanks. That eliminated the error message when opening Outlook 2002. So did this do anything to prevent us from linking ACT v6 to Outlook 2002? Is there anything to be careful about when setting up this relationship between the two programs?
Copper Elite Contributor

i believe you must have only one act extension in outlook add-in manager. if that is the case, you don't have to worry
Platinum Elite Contributor

macroprez wrote:
Thanks. That eliminated the error message when opening Outlook 2002. So did this do anything to prevent us from linking ACT v6 to Outlook 2002? Is there anything to be careful about when setting up this relationship between the two programs?

If you have Norton Anti Virus, you need to have it uninstalled (not just disabled) when ACT! is installed or ACT! won't be able to see Outlook or Word.

When I try to send an email from a contact in ACT v10 I get this message when outlook 2003 tries to start:

"The add-in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Act9ext.dll could not be installed or loaded"

I have tried reinstalling both Outlook and Act v10. but nothing will fix this error.

What causes this and how do I fix it.

Cheers

I was trying to upgrade to the latest v9 and something got messed up so I uninstalled v9 and tried a new install from the disk.  I got an error message at start up saying there was a problem with ACT.OUTLOOK.Service.  I can't get ACT to run at all... any suggestions?  I noticed the post about Norton's and I am running Kaspersky, does that need to be uninstall before installing ACT too?

Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

You'll find it better to create new threads for these last two posts as they are different from the points and versions that are discussed in the thread.