Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT9 (2007): current user cannot open ACT db, but new user profile has no problem.

ACT9 (2007): current user cannot open ACT db, but new user profile has no problem.

User cannot open ACT! 9 (2007, ) database today, but had no probs yesterday. Other users on other PCs can connect w/o any problem. I created a new user profile on the problematic PC and the new user can open ACT successfully.

ACT db is on dedicated PC (VM on Server 2008 HyperV) and works fine. All PCs are running WinXP SP3. ACT! by Sage 2007 (9.0) Version 9.0.1.162, Hotfix 1.

Error message is, "The database ARCH could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available. It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or the server."

I tried MOST of the steps in http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19640, but quit when I found that I could access the db from a new user profile. Disabling firewalls, etc. (on client and server) made no difference.

So, do I have to move this user to a new profile, or is there some way to fix the current user's profile?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT9 (2007): current user cannot open ACT db, but new user profile has no problem.

Hello tparkhill,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. The issue with their profile may be their permission set - you can make sure it is the same as the users who can get in. If this becomes too time-consuming, then it may be easier to just create a new profile.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.