05-03-2010 09:21 AM
Good day all, I'm new to the forum and to ACT as well. I was wondering if anyone could help with this issue I am having with one particular user. We have installed ACT2010 onto a Windows 2008 small business server and the act client on 25 machines. 5 of the machines have a combination of the free Sterling Trader Pro and Wonda v6 softwares that give stock updates and dumps those updates into Excel. The issue with this one user, not the other 5, is that when installing ACT2010 onto his machine the ACT2010 Office (excel) plug-in hijacks the plug-ins for Sterling Trader Pro and Wonda v6 softwares. Has anyone ran into an issue with this? This was not a problem with the other users who run this same setup. I have checked the office disabled add-ins and none are listed. The contractor who did the ACT2010 install and setups tried disabling office add-in through the registry but this did not work. Other than that the contractor just left this user hanging with no other help.
I first tried reinstalling the Sterling Trader Pro and Wonda v6 softwares while ACT2010 was still installed, this did not correct the issue or allow the Sterling Trader Pro and Wonda add-ins to work. I then uninstalled ACT2010 this did not allow the plug in to work either, so I uninstalled and reinstalled Sterling Trader Pro and Wonda. The uninstalling and reinstalling worked and allowed the softwares to work fine. I then tried reinstalling ACT2010 and it hijacked the excel add-ins from Sterling Trader Pro and Wonda v6.
The machine is running Windows XP SP3 and Office 2003 SP2.
If you have run into this issue before and found a work around please let me know. Thank you for your time and help.
05-04-2010 09:05 AM
Welcome to the Act! Online Community!
I'm not familiar with this situation/conflict with the add-ins, but from your post - it sounds as if it is more important to have the other software add-ins for Excel functioning properly than the Act! add-in. If that is the case, you can try:
- uninstall the Sterling and Wonda applications
- remove the Act! Excel add-in completely through the registry (see below)
- open Excel to ensure the Act! add-ins are removed
- reinstall the Sterling and Wonda applications
To remove the Act! Excel add-in through the registry:
- Windows Start button > Run > 'Regedit'
- backup the registry (File > Export > ensure 'Export Range' is set to All)
- navigate to: HKey_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins > then remove 'Act7.OfficeAddin' key
- navigate to: HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins > then remove 'Act7.OfficeAddin' key
- close the Registry
- reboot the computer