Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT2010 - History Summary

ACT2010 - History Summary

Okay, trying to go alone right now for my reports.

For history summary - is there a way to add a field to show the "REGARDING" line?

While it shows calls, emails, letters, etc, you can't tell what the subject was.

Thanks!

Smiley Happy

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: ACT2010 - History Summary

I'm sue that this and much more would be possible with Durkin's Impact V5
http://www.durkincomputing.com/ACTAddonsReleases/ImpactV5_setup.exe

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Platinum Elite Contributor

Are you referring to the History Summary report or the History Summary Classic report? It sounds like you"re referring to the History Summary Classic report. If so the answer is no ecause the report is designed to provide counts of activities. The Hiatory Summary report does include the regarding and details but no counts of individual activities.

There is a third party book with comprehensive training information on the ACT! reports, here is the link.

https://www.packtpub.com/sage-act-2011-dashboard-and-report-cookbook/book

Full disclusure I wrote the reports chapters of the book.  The report chapters work for all version of the ACT! program since ACT! 2007.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Not the History Classic , but actual History Summary.

History Summary gives the company name, number of calls, emails letters, etc. You can see what action you did, but cannot see why you did that (subject line would share why the call, or letter, or email) without all the details.

I'll check out the link sent.

As far as other programs or paying to build a report, that is off at this time - we are too small and I am the only one using this program. it is my brain, plus gives my boss an outline of what I am doing.

Thanks for all help!

Take a look at the Notes History report.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

yes, but that gives all the details too - thus leading to 50+ pages of the report. All i want is subject line.  is that possible then?

Yes but it requires customizing the template.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Elite Contributor

Ds77,

Out of curiosity, and presuming your boss will gain value from the report, what value does he/she place on your time?

Do you think that there is a possibility that Roy might reliably deliver what you want and you might be more gainfully employed?  

Just saying...

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Yes, do the following:

Reports, Edit template and choose History Summary, then double click on Subreport: [History] field which will take you to the subreport. Then click on the Field (on left hand side) and put it in after the count field on your report.  You will then be given an option of fields.  Change the record type to Contact History and choose Regarding from the fields and untick the label box at the bottom and then Add and Close.  Choose Save As and rename the report and that should hopefully work.

Cheers

Fyona

Thank you to all!

I managed to get the info i need for the time being.  Your last post truly helped me Fyona!

As we grow, we will have need for other reports in which will require updating and perhaps looking to spend time reworking a new template. For what we need at this time, we are good now!

Thanks again!

Smiley Happy