Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT2010 Activities, Delete MULTIPE recurring

ACT2010 Activities, Delete MULTIPE recurring

As a result of Sync corruption, many of my contacts contain duplication of identical recurring Activities.  If the activities were single instance, it is easy to clear multiple by simply highlighting within Tasks or Contact Activities, right clicking and hitting erase.  However, if is a recurring activity, all items remain for the next date (year or month or week). How can I easily erase multiple recurring activities so that they do not appear again for any future dates?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT2010 Activities, Delete MULTIPE recurring

Unlike single-event tasks, you cannot multiple delete recurring tasks. They have to be deleted one at time. When deleting a recurring task, you will be given the option to delete the occurrence or the entire series.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

It appears when I delete them they keep reappearing on next occurence. So it appears I have to open each one and change to  non-recurring then go back in and delete all.  I have one contact that created hundreds of these and it is taking me months. Is there a fix for this?

I wonder if anyone has come up with a solution to this problem.  If we can select all contacts in a look up and schedule an activity for all of them but put a check in the box that says "make a separate activity for each contact", there should be a way to undo that and un-separate them!  If you have this issue, it can really slow down ACT and take forever to change each one.  Can someone please offer some help.  Thank you!

Platinum Elite Contributor

When you choose to create a separate activity for each contact rather than one activity linked to a selection of contacts, you create a separate entry in the activity table for each contact. There is no longer any connection between those separate acrivities so there can be no undo. Your best bet is to use the tach list and select the activities that you want to delete and then delete the selected activities. This should work though I didn't test it my self.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Sorry for the delay, I just saw your response! Thank you for trying to help...unfortunately, if they are "recurring" alarms, you cannot select more than one at a time from the task list and erase them.  You can only erase them manually, one at a time.  I believe this needs to be fixed somehow so hopefully someone from ACT will see this post and make it happen.  It would sure be a beneficial tool.   What if an employee no longer works for the company but had multiple recurring alarms set, we have no way to get rid of them other than one by one.... Someone please figure out a way to fix this.   Thanks !

Administrator

sandbagger wrote:

What if an employee no longer works for the company but had multiple recurring alarms set, we have no way to get rid of them other than one by one.... Someone please figure out a way to fix this.   Thanks !

Hi Sandbagger,

While it's not the answer you're looking for, it's worth knowing that when deleting a user, you are given the option to reassign the records (activities, histories, etc) to another user. This allows all the old employees activities to be reassigned to a new user. Note that this will change the record manager for all historical records for the user being deleted to the newly assigned user.

Act!_2016-04-29_11-56-41.png

Deleting multiple recurring activities is not currently possible through the Act interface, however It may be possible to do this manually through SQL Management Studio. If you are not familiar with this kind of manual database editing, I would recommend reaching out to an Act Certified Consultant for assistance.

There is currently an open feature request in our Share Your Ideas board that includes this issue. Giving the idea Kudos will increase the likelihood that this improvement will be included in future Act development.