09-03-2017 11:07 AM
I have been trying to sync contacts with Outlook 2010 with my new install of ACT19 PRO I am getting a error in the log that says
Outlook Sync Errors (date) (time)
Context: Synchronizing Contacts
Description: Error in IAddrBook.OpenEntry:MAPI_E_UNKNOWN_ENTRYID
I have tried resetting the Meta Data as described in another article with no luch
Please see attached for screen shots of the issue
09-04-2017 03:08 AM
Have a look at this thread and eventually follow the instructions there.
Was has helped me is mentioned towards the end:
........I have seen in most scenarios that a new outlook profile has resolved this issue.
09-15-2017 01:52 PM
Thank you for the suggestion but it did not resolve the issue. I contacted ACT support and they sent me the same instructions. as well as how to reset the METADATA. Tried both with no success. I can pay to have ACT look at the issue but of course there is a fee. This is very disappointing having understood the new act would work with office and Outlook. Just installed it an now they want additional fees?? Really..
10-21-2017 10:13 AM
OK so after several hours with tech support and no resolution I finally figured this one out. I tried a new profile and got the same issue so I backed up all the contacts in my outlook profile and exported them to a XLS file. Deleted them and restated the sync which completed and copied all of the ACT contacts to my Outlook profile, I backup my ACT database and then imported from the XLS file into ACT! and ran the sync again. All contacts are now in place and the sync is functioning correctly. In assigning the various fields for the import to ACT! I found some of the contact entries not in the correct field so I am thinking when I tried to sync perhaps one or more contacts had entries in fields that were not allowed in ACT! so when they tried to sync it created the error. Not sure but apparently the outlook contact(s) were corrupted. All is now functioning smoothly
10-23-2017 01:41 AM
Thanks for the update, glad to hear you got the issue resolved in the end!
Sounds like quite a smart solution, I'll make sure our tech support teams get feedback on the resolution, just in case the issue crops up for someone else!