Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT18.2 / Outlook / Win10 - cannot find address book in Outlook

ACT18.2 / Outlook / Win10 - cannot find address book in Outlook

I have followed everything I have found in support to fix this situation.  I have a clean install on a new computer running Win 10, and a new install of Outlook 2016.  I have yet to be able to get Outlook to find the ACT address book.  I ahve uninstalled both programs, reinstalled Outlook first, then Act.  I have also followed instructions found here. - http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22776/~/act%21-address-book-missing-as-an-address-book-opt...

I still cannot connect the ACT address book to Outlook.

Administrator

Re: ACT18.2 / Outlook / Win10 - cannot find address book in Outlook

Hi EJPECK,

In Outlook, please try clicking File > Account Settings. Click the Address Books tab. If the Act! address book is not listed here, click New, then select Additional Address Books in the Wizard. Click Next. Do you see the option for Act! Address Book in the Addition Address Book Types menu? Are you able to select this and click Next?

no - the ACT address book does not appear. 

I went through all the KB articles on this.  None of them worked.  I finally uninstalled Act and Office 2016 - reinstalled office 2010, then Act - set up Act in Outlook 2010, then installed Office 2016.  Address book then appeared in Outlook 2016, presumable because it grabbed the settings from Outlook 2010.  I then uninstalled Office 2010. 

Cumbersome workaround for something that was compatible with Office 2016?

Administrator

Thanks for sharing your workaround. This isn't something we've had to do with any other customers, as the address book is usually added successfully upon installation, including when Office 2016 is in use.