Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT12 with Google Contact Sync not working...

ACT12 with Google Contact Sync not working...

Background:

Used to use CompainLink to sync contacts ACT-->Blackberry-->Google-->Thunderbird on ACT2009

It all worked but delicate

I just updated from ACT2009 to ACT2012 with the hopes to eliminate the cumbersome and delicate sync pieces in the middle.

All four items ( ACT, Google, Blackberry and Thunderbird ) are in sync with re: to contacts

NOW:

I updated w/o problem and ACT2012 seems to work fine with all the contacts still in place.

I set the Google sync preferences and 1st time, it pulled all the Google contacts into ACT and created duplicates for EVERY contact then asked me to step through each one and make several decisions on as to which to keep/copy etc... This is NOT realistic. I have notes in ACT that aren't in Google so I can't simply delete them either.

So, I figured I would try to clear Google and do a one time push of ALL the ACT contacts up to Goggle. Problem is, ACT won't push anything up to Google.  Shouldn't there be an option to do that? Am I just missing it?

Help?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT12 with Google Contact Sync not working...

Hello CCasanova,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Since you have removed your contacts from Google and they will not sync, it is most likely that the files that retain the sync history have the contacts listed within them and know that they should not be synchronized (because they were deleted from Google). 

You can reset the contacts to be synchronized by deleting the files (*.metadata) in folder:

C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT Data\Google Sync

Note: Close ACT! before deleting these files.

Greg Martin
Sage

Greg..... perfect. That did it. I should have known better that there was some indicator within ACT flagging what had been sync'd and what hadn't been. This will make life much easier and reliable now that I can skip the CompanionLink and Blackberry steps and use Google as the central sync point. Thanks again
Copper Contributor

Hello Greg,

I have the same problem, but cannot seem to find the file you suggested.  Any suggestions so I can re-sync with Google?  Running 2012

Tom

PS..the file below....

C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT Data\Google Sync

Platinum Super Contributor

The path listed is for Vista/Windows 7, if you are using XP - it will be:

C:\Documents and Settings\*username*\Application Data\ACT\Act Data\Google Sync

If you are using Vista/Windows 7 and do not see the file path, do the following:

- click on Windows Start

- enter the following command into the Search field: %appdata%

command includes the percent signs

- press Enter

- proceed to browse to the ACT\Act Data\Google Sync folder

Note: This can also be done in XP by: Windows Start > Run > enter command %AppData% > press Enter.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Super Contributor

Solved my problem! You rock.

My Act to Google integration doesnt allow me to select what i want to sync. When i go to the advanced tab I see where it asks me to chooose but I am unable to do so.