ACT12 importing database error

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT12 importing database error

Hi all

Seasons greetings!

I have an act12remote database called KLTD2011.4

I should like to make this the main database and use this PC as the host for the Main database.

I thought the easiest way would be to crate a new databasei n act 12 called KLTD2012

I want to import all infor from KLTD2011.4 into KLTD2012

Contacts import correctly but opportunities do not

the error is"

Items successfully merged: Opportunity:131 216 History:613 Total:960

Sage ACT! had difficulty merging the following records. For more information, click the  View article link below.   A History failed to merge. History: A new opportunity called New Opportunity was created on 12/9/2009 3:42:04 PM Exception message: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.  

A History failed to merge. History: A new opportunity called New Opportunity was created on 12/9/2009 3:42:04 PM Exception message: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.

I don't need to go through this if three is a way of renaming KLTD2011.4 and making it the Main database

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lmarazzi
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: ACT12 importing database error

thank you for the reply

will try the "restore as" and see how it goes.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Silver Contributor

Not really the best way to do what you are trying to do.

Take your existing database and you will use this as your master.  You can backup it up and move to the new machine.  Use File, Restore, Restore As to restore it to your new machine.  At the same time, you are renaming your database to the name you wish for your master.  If you are not moving to another machine, File, Save Copy (full Copy) will just rename the original database.

Then, follow the procedure to create a new remote database from that master, and move and restore that database on your remote computer. 

Importing of yoru data is not required unless you have good data in more than one place prior to starting and it should only be done to make your mother ship master database prior to creating your remomte.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Solution
Accepted by topic author Lmarazzi
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

thank you for the reply

will try the "restore as" and see how it goes.