Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT11 - Outlook 2007 keeps crashing

ACT11 - Outlook 2007 keeps crashing

[ Edited ]

Ever since upgrading form ACT6 to ACT11 I have been recieving an error message when I open Outlook 2007 ( "Microsoft Windows - Microsoft office outlook has stoppd. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you when a solution is available" ), Outlook closes down repeatedly for 3-4 times then seems to operate normally...!!

I can operate Outlook as long as I do not have ACT11 open or allow it to access Outlook through defender.

Has anyone found  a resolution to this conflict?

Regards,

Larry.

Message Edited by lazj on 04-09-2009 07:00 PM
Message Edited by lazj on 04-09-2009 07:02 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT11 - Outlook 2007 keeps crashing

The issue sounds like a ACT! is conflicting with another app that is trying to access Outlook. Try these two things:

- Look in the add-ins for Outlook 2007 (Help/Privacy Options/Add-Ins, Manage->COM Add-Ins) and see if you have I-Tunes or Google..if so disable. If this does not work, then disable all add-ins and try to narrow which one is conflicting. If you see an ACT! add-in, then disable it as well.

- From the Help menu in Outlook, run Office Diagnostics

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: ACT11 - Outlook 2007 keeps crashing

I have just asked my company to buy Act Premium, yet I hesitate having them go through with it due to the conflict that I'm having with Outlook on the trial version.

Has this issue been taken care of?

What is the fix if it has?

Currently, my Outlook 2007 completely freezes and I cannot do anything when Act is in operation and I have to force quit Outlook to get out of it.

I know there is nothing with my Outlook, so what is the fix for Act?