Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT10: dialog prompt everytime I run program

ACT10: dialog prompt everytime I run program

Every time I open ACT10 I get the following prompt:

"For added functionality, fill out the Windows Phone information dialog"

I've tried to comply, but the problem persists. I would be most grateful for a solution to end this nag screen.

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT10: dialog prompt everytime I run program

This may have something to do with the ACT! Dialer. Go to Tools/Preferences and under the Communication tab, click Dialer Preferences. If Use Dialer is checked, then uncheck it, then close and reopen ACT!. If it is checked, and you do want to use the Dialer, then you may need to double-check and make sure the ACT! Dialer and the Windows Dialer are configured correctly.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. The dialer is not enabled in preferences.

I did enable and then disable following your advice but no change I'm afraid, so the problem remains.

Nickel Elite Contributor

What is the operating system?

thanks

Matthew McFadden

OS is XP Pro SP2.  I recall I had this same issue when using ACT 9, but put up with it.
Nickel Elite Contributor

Windows XP Service Pack 3 has been out for over a year now being pushed as a Critical Update via Microsoft update.  Any reason you have not updated?  Just asking.

Can you open Hyperterminal under the Communications program group of XP, and does it also prompt you?

thanks

Matthew McFadden

Thanks Matthew for coming back with some ideas.

Yes Hypertermianl opens fine and I was able to use it to dial a number OK and have the phone ring.

I have got SP3 on another machine (does not have ACT installed on it) and I have just now installed SP3 on the ACT machine, but the problem remains.

Regards

Chris

Any update to this?  When I hit the dialer I actually get an error saying "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."  I am running this on a Windows Server 2008 system and serving the app as a "RemoteApp".  I get the error regardless of if i log in with RemoteApp or locally on the server.

No, nothing more than you read here. 

Because the problem happens everytime I run ACT, and has done so for over two years, it has become so tiresome that I am on the verge of abandoning ACT althogether and look for another Contact Management Solution.

I had hoped that posting here might have led to a solution, but unfortunately not.

Nickel Elite Contributor

There are 2 open items independent of each other on this thread.

Issue #1 is the item reported by GUSTOV, which concernings setting the area code / dialer preference.  Upon launch of ACT!, this screen constantly comes up.

Issue #2 is an Object Reference error on Server 2008, which is different than the issue started with this thread.

thanks

Matthew McFadden