Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT vs. Maximizer

ACT vs. Maximizer

I'm a single user and am wondering why I should use ACT over Maximizer?  Salesforce? 
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT vs. Maximizer

ease to operate and to customize.
Master Commentator

Have a look at the article at the following link.  It may help you figure out exactly what it is you need to ask yourself.

http://www.thecrmcoach.com/act_vs_goldmine_crm_comparison/

Platinum Elite Contributor

Nearly all users find ACT! easier to operate... and both GM and Max seem to be dropping support for their low end versions.

So true, that was my reason for switching from Maximizer to Sage Act Pro after many years. It seemed to me as time was going on Maximizer was stripping features out of the Entrepreneur addition, like the Order Desk, and only offering it to you if you upgraded to their Enterprise addition. I should qualify that the Order Desk is still there in entrepreneur addition, but the ability to create catalogues is gone unless you upgrade. 

Over the years you couldn't help but become conscious of the fact they "really" wanted everyone on the Enterprise Addition. The last straw for me was Maximizer Entrepreneur CRM12 which they term as "Full Version", but seems to be Enterprise Addition renamed and for a much higher price. For me it was just time to move on, and I'm glad I did, Sage Act seems to be more polished for what I do.