Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT version 11/2009 running really slow

Skilled Commentator

ACT version 11/2009 running really slow

My database has recently started running WAY slower, and getting slower and slower.  Everything is about half the speed it used to be. But the slowest of all is when you remove a recurring activity from the series. ie A client has a weekly recurring meeting and we write details on that meeting (which removes it from the activity series) prior to clearing.  It takes 10 or 11 seconds for this to happen once the change instance is selected!  And for most of this it will say not responding.  It only takes a few seconds (still slower than it used to be) if doing this for a meeting that's not recurring.

We do have about 6,000 contacts and about 50 meetings, to do's and calls booked a day. About half of these are set to recur until the end of the year. At the end of the year we change it to recur for the next year. So some of these original start dates were years ago, but all past meetings are cleared. Would this have an impact?

This is happening on the main database and also the remote database, both computers are new with 4gb of RAM

I do know that with that many meetings a day it'll never be ultra fast, but why has it suddenly gotten ultra slow, and beyond ultra slow for the taking a meeting out of the recurring?

Thanks for the help!

Scott

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT version 11/2009 running really slow

Have you run a Check/Reindex on the database recently?
How about a defrag of the drive?
You might try using ACTDIAG to Purge old/cleared activities to clean up that table.
Skilled Commentator

Re: ACT version 11/2009 running really slow

Thanks Mike,

Yes I have done the check reindex and it doesn't help

Same for the defrag, plus it's the same issue on both new and fast computers

How to I do the ACTDIAG to purge old/cleared activities?

As a test I saved it as a test database and deleted all activities (there were 10,000) and notes histories etc older than 2 years. This largely solved the problem, however I really hope there is a better way as to soleve this as we often need need this old data at hand.