Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! version 10 - Error message "object reference not set to an instance of an object"

ACT! version 10 - Error message "object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Hello fellow ACT! users!

This is my first time to use the forum so please bear with me. I use ACT! 2008 version 10 single license. The company is a contracter for home repair. I was working in the Manage Process List function. I attempted to try to change one of the stages in t he list. When i received the Error Message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". I am sure this has to do with the fact that I try to change a stage that has been used on many opportunities. I want to know how one goes about making a change to a stage once it has been in use anf not get the error. I am willing to have all opportunities that are associated with this stage changed if I do edit the stage. It's a simple change of the wording from "Bid Accepted and Signed" to "SOLD". Has anyone attempted this and know how to get by the error?

Thanks

Joe
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! version 10 - Error message "object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Does this error happen every time at the same spot? If so, can you provide the steps?

Does it happen with the same steps in the demo database?

Re: ACT! version 10 - Error message "object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Mike:
Thanks for replying, sorry it took me a while to get back, my job is part time. It appears that the error message  stopped and the new Opportunity Process Stage List is working fine for now. It seems I just needed to shut down ACT! and restart it. If further issues arise I will let you know. Again, thanks for your help!!!

Joe
Morse Home Improvement
Platinum Elite Contributor